Refusing Silence in the Threat of History Repeating Itself. Will you Join Me?

Kristen Welch | 7/21/2019 | Kristen
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IMG_2002-600x450.jpg

It’s only happened twice in my life.

Once, five years ago, when I visited Anne Frank’s house in Amsterdam with my family on our way home from Kenya and again, last year, when I visited the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem:

Stairs - Quarters - Anne - Hid - Months

As I walked up the same narrow stairs and stepped into the same tight quarters that Anne hid in for months in The Netherlands and then as I witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust in Israel while standing on a plexiglass floor that held the shoes of those killed in the furnaces, both times I was surprised of the history that made me feel moments of shame to be from America.

In both situations, reading history taught me that our nation turned its back on the undeniable need in our world. We refused millions, including a boatload of refugees under the watchful eye of Lady Liberty and when Anne Frank’s father wrote that America was their only option of escape and sent a letter to a high-ranking US authority, they were denied entrance.

History - Connection - Government - Travel - Ban

When we look at history in connection with our government’s travel ban to refugees and new desire to allow zero refugees into our country in 2020, we have to wonder if we are okay with history repeating itself. When I heard this initiative to allow NO refugees in 2020, I felt it again–the shame.

It might be easy to think–Oh, it’s not the same. And we would be right. It’s not the same, it’s worse.

History - People - World - War - II

History tells us there were 7 to 11 million displaced people after World War II.

Today, there are over 70 million, 25% of them from Syria alone.

America - Dreams - Interests - People - Countries

Why are we safely living in America, free to pursue our dreams and interests while 70 million people were born into countries that they have had to flee? God’s Sovereignty. We don’t get...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!