Discerning a Change? I Can Cut Your Decision Time in Half

Ron Edmondson | 4/1/2013 | Ron Edmondson
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/clock.jpg

I think we waste a lot of time in change management that we really don’t have to waste. Here’s a time saving tip when you are considering a change.

I’m guessing, but I believe this could cut your decision-making in half.

Time - Change - Management

How to save time in change management:

First decide if you’re going to make the change.

Time - Change - Change

Before you spend any time deciding how you will implement the change, decide if it is a change you are going to make.

I’ve been in brainstorming meetings so many times where we are trying to decide whether or not we would make a change. The conversation quickly starts going towards the details of how we would implement the change. It is almost as if we had already decided to make the change.

Time - Change - Fact - Details - Lot

And time is wasted. We never even made the change. In fact, we talked ourselves out of it by getting into the details. We could have saved a lot of time if we had first decided if it was a change worth making.

Many times, after a brainstorming session, we decide not to make the chage at all. But I’ve learned people like to discuss the how. So, when the conversation goes to how, before the decision has even been made to change, I like to draw our attention back to the original question....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!